Friday, July 16, 2010

the rest is still unwritten

Photobucket


I'm currently stealing internet outside of the cafe, there's a fly on my foot, I'm trying to load The Hills, and the guy working here is smoking and giving me dirty looks...great. Time is going by a lot faster now that I'm getting settled into small town life. It's still hard to adjust to the fact that the best clothing store here is Ardenes, but that's the beauty of living out of two suitcases.

Trois-Pistoles actually has a small thrift store that operates on the weirdest hours. I checked it out before my workshop on Wednesday, and it wasn't so much that it was not my taste, but the clothes were extremely large and sold by the set. Oh well, thrifting is virtually impossible in this town, which is why I'll be going to Quebec City next week.

My French classes are actually going well. It's amazing to think that two weeks ago, I spoke no french and did not understand a word. And now, depending on how fast the person is talking, I can sort of follow along. Only three more weeks until I'm back in Edmonton!

No comments: